Owned by – The Isle of Wight Bus & Coach Museum (click title to read more…)
New to Southern Vectis in September 1947, with an ECW ‘lowbridge’ body featuring rows of long bench seats and a sunken gangway on the top deck.
Restoration is almost complete with just the upper deck seats to be trimmed and fitted.
One of 29 ‘lowbridge’ K5Gs purchased by SVOC between 1946 and 1950. It was withdrawn in September 1964, having run for 17 years mostly from Newport depot, and sold to a Southampton dealer. It was quickly sold to Osgood of Totton who ran it on an internal service at an Ordinance Depot in Bicester. It passed into preservation in July 1976. Purchased by the Bus Museum in July 2015.
- Bristol K5G no. 64050
- Body: ECW, No. 1722-2