AEC Matador Tow Truck – 004 (GXX 785)

AEC Matador Tow Truck – 004 (GXX 785)

owned by  –  The Isle of Wight Bus & Coach Museum (click title to read more…) GXX 785 originated with the Ministry of Supply and was of the standard design produced for military use in wartime, although it was not registered until several months after...
Bristol K5G – 703 (DDL 50)

Bristol K5G – 703 (DDL 50)

Vehicle on Loan  –  owned by D. Priddle (click title to read more…) 703 (DDL 50) was the second highbridge vehicle of the 1939 order and the second Bristol K5G within the Southern Vectis fleet. World War II was already in progress by the time it was...
Bristol K5G – 908 (YWG 109)

Bristol K5G – 908 (YWG 109)

owned by  –  The Isle of Wight Bus & Coach Museum (click title to read more…) Similar to Southern Vectis, Hants & Dorset, also part of the Tilling group, purchased Bristol K type double deckers. Included in a large batch of 80 K5G types, delivered...
Bedford OB – 216 (FDL 676)

Bedford OB – 216 (FDL 676)

Vehicle on Loan  –  owned by P. Tucker (click title to read more…) Coaching on the Island for tourists who had returned after World war II, was enhanced by the delivery of Bedford OB coaches from 1947. Over the next 3 years a total of 16 were delivered new...
Bristol RESH – 301 (KDL 885F)

Bristol RESH – 301 (KDL 885F)

owned by  –  The Isle of Wight Bus & Coach Museum (click title to read more…) Only 11 vehicles of this marque of Bristol RE were built and all but 2 were fitted with this style of ‘Commander’ bodywork produced by Duple (Northern) at its Blackpool...